Monday, May 9, 2011

News, an update and future plans

Hello there!

I'd like to apologize for the lack of content.. IRL troubles as well as internet problems have kept me from giving you an update these last few days. Rest assured that I am back now and will strive to give you updates more often - every few days, if not once a day.

I also want to spend a bit of time talking about future content and so on. Let me start off by saying that I really like putting out reviews for you guys! I know that not a lot of people read this blog, but I'm looking to change that, and part of that plan involves putting out content appealing to a broader audience than simply iOS games.

In that vein, I'm going to be putting out some more general gaming content alongside the app store reviews. This is more to fill in holes than it's to skip over fences - it turns out that decent / deep iOS games are few and far between. This isn't a question of me not wanting to review bad games - rather, it's the fact that many games on the app store, good or bad, don't have a lot to talk about!

This "general gaming content" will include news as well as some personally produced videos (yes, videos!) involving such things as Starcraft II, indie games, etc. I would also really, really like to put out video reviews for app store games, but that'll have to wait a bit. I hope to be able to do that fairly soon.

Among the Starcraft-related things are some improvement casts (watching / commentating a mid-level replay and analyzing what could be improved, what to change etc), a series about non-standard play on the ladder, etc. I AM an avid gamer on the side, and though I am by no means a professional caster, there should be plenty to talk about. (Hey, I'm not a professional writer either.)

I also want to put out some audio blogs as well, mostly because a lot of people enjoy listening more than reading. Not sure why, but there you go!

With that, I'll leave you with a tentative schedule for tomorrow: I've got a review to show you of a new game on the app store called Frisbee Forever, produced by Kiloo Games. You can look forward to that one 'till tomorrow afternoon, EU time.

Regards;
iKill

3 comments: