Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Katapeltis - Angry Birds clones are afoot

First off, sorry for the long absence!

Second off, today I'll be talking about a game on the app store called Katapeltis (according to the developer, this is greek for catapult). It revolves around firing cannonballs at enemies standing on platforms. Sounds familiar? It should, because it's basically angry birds without the touch-and-drag mechanics and different graphics. I know we're all aware that shovelware is abound on the appstore, but really, guys.


The game is... alright. Sure, to someone who has never played a catapult game on the iOS before, it might be entertaining, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume we all have. Priced at $0.99, it's not expensive, but it's not really worth it either considering what you can pick up for that price on the app store. The music is vaguely charming, but it gets old really fast.

My verdict? It's eh. I won't say "at all costs", because it's certainly an alright game, but it brings no innovation to the table.

6 comments:

  1. Another clone... To many same games, like tower defences...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh.. yea just a clone trying to capitalize on Angry Birds. I will say though that Angry Birds is far from the first catapult game so in a way they copied as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm well aware that there's been other catapult games - however, as we all know AB is the most succesful one so it's fairly obvious what they're capitalizing on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clone of a clone. meh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ehhhh, I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angry birds is incredibly easy to code (from a developer's standpoint) so I'm not surprised there are clones.

    ReplyDelete